M.E .- VLSI design
About the Department
The post graduate program in VLSI Design with an intake of 18 was started in the year 2007.Very Large Scale Integrated (VLSI) Circuits is an important area in modern technological world that has revolutionized the developments in Space technology, Defense, Communication, Instrumentation, Medical Electronics, Computing, Internet, and Modern automations in various industries. VLSI has attained maturity over last few decades during which the technology has shrunk from 10 micrometer to few nanometers by faithfully obeying Moore's Law which states that “the technology shrinks to 1/4th the area in every 18 months”. Thus the designer need to put four times the circuitry in the same area of chip built 18 months back. This has posed challenge to the designers throughout the world and hence evolved into a systematic area of study in all leading universities.
VLSI also demands from its designer’s long and dedicated exposure so that they can evolve first time success chips. Along with complicated chip design various Electronic Design Automation tools have evolved over last two decades posing challenge to the academic community to train manpower on complicated but systematic technology as well as sophisticated tool chains. Since this specialization demands maturity from its designer’s higher education like Post Graduate and Research Programs are vital to the development of modern economy. Muthayammal Engineering College offers both Post Graduate and Research Program with state of the art tools like CADENCE and well equipped Laboratory facility.
Muthayammal Engineering College is committed to provide value based education to the student enabling them to excel in the field of engineering & Technology and Management through
- Involvement of every individual at all levels
- Enhancing the competency of the faculty with innovative teaching learning practices
- Inculcating moral and ethical values among the students and staff
- Maintaining the state-of-the art infrastructure and academic standards
- To guide and mould the students to face the challenges ahead in terms of VLSItechnology
- To keep the state-of-the-art equipment in the department to facilitate the students to equip themselves for the fast changing world of technology
- To ensure that the students are provided value based education through more practical approach
- To make the department as the Centre of Excellence in the areas of Image Processing, VLSI Design and Nano Electronics