Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2000 – 2001 and affiliated to ANNA UNIVERSITY, Coimbatore. During the academic year 2006 – 2007 the PG Course ME in Power Electronics and Drives had been introduced. The Department is fully equipped with the state of the art laboratories. The strength of department is the dedicated, qualified and well experienced faculty members. The Institution is accredited by Cognigent Technologies Solutions (CTS) for collaboration in Academics & Placement.
To be a center of excellence in Engineering & Technology and Management on par with International Standards
Muthayammal Engineering College is committed to provide value based education to the student enabling them to excel in the field of Engineering & Technology and Management through
- Involvement of every individual at all levels
- Enhancing the competency of the faculty with innovative teaching learning practices
- Inculcating moral and ethical values among the students and staff
- Maintaining the State- of -the art infrastructure and academic standards
- To produce the most component Electrical Engineers, Scientists, through quality education, best performance of the students through dedicated efforts of every faculty member of the Department
- To provide a high quality education through excellent infrastructure and firm commitment. To modernize the laboratories with the emerging Technology. To provide industry-institute interaction to face the challenges of the changing scenario of global industries
- To secure cent percent results through hard & dedicated working of the faculty members in imparting technical knowledge. To secure 100% placement through specialized training both in MNC & Other reputed Industries.
- To equip the students as job providers rather than job seekers, and elevate the department as a research and development center
There are 20 well qualified and experienced faculty members, including 2 professors with Ph. D. and 7 Assistant Professors. Five faculty members are pursuing research leading to Ph. D. The faculty members are encouraged to participate in conferences and Faculty Development Programmes. Short Term Training Programmes, Workshops and Seminars are conducted to enhance their knowledge.
During the past three years 10 faculty members were sponsored to attend 27 such programmes. Faculty seminars are frequently organized to share the knowledge for innovative teaching and research. The department also organized one AICTE-ISTE sponsored SDP Programme.
Research and development
Members of faculty are actively involved in research and development. They have published 20 Papers in the referred Journals, National and International conferences during the past three years.
Two National Conferences and Five Student Technical symposiums have been conducted by the department in the past three years.
Teaching and Learning process
The faculty formulates the lesson plan well in advance and it is made known to the students at the beginning of the semester. In the class room, for better understanding of the concept, modern teaching aids like Charts, OHP, LCD, CBTs and Video Clippings are used.
In addition to regular curriculum, the students are exposed to the recent developments through guest lectures by experts from Industries and reputed Institutions. Students are motivated to take seminars on topics of their Interest by providing 2 Hours/week in the regular time-table.
For the internal assessment, three terminal tests and model examination are conducted. The performance of the students is evaluated at regular intervals. Students are counseled based on their performance. Remedial classes are also conducted for slow learners